CedarHill Homestay

We love having visitors 'from afar' come and be part of our family for a short while or a long while!

Check our websites:

http://cedarhillhomestay.tripod.com/ for more info about where we are and what kind of Homestay we offer.
AND
http://cedarhillconsulting.weebly.com/ - this is the website for my business consulting/virtual office business


Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Fairly Productive weekend!



We four (Grant, Heather, Rodrigo & me) watched Extreme Home Makeover after supper, and Cold Case is on now. I'm going to head to bed soon, and thought of doing a quick post. While watching TV I was updating my Planner/Journal, tho' I know there are a lot of things for this coming week I've forgotten.



Today was a truly gorgeous spring day...it got to around 12deg, and was completely sunny. It started out coolish, but by mid/late afternoon it really warmed up. After cleaning up the kitchen (never-ending task!) I headed outside and trimmed a lot of last year's growth off the perennials in the front beds, and when I finished I had a full wheel-barrow of trimmings. Before supper I had Grant take it to the compost. It looks so much better now! I moved a couple of Oriental poppies, and have another clump to split and move in the next while. I think when I am out this week I will pick up some spring annuals - pansies probably - and get some quick spring colour in both the front bed and the planter boxes on the deck railings. The deck planters I can plant even in the rain, but the front bed needs to be done when it is dry. Last time I looked at the forecast for this week it is mostly rain!



I can see that when I write a lot of FAMILY postings will be a combination of Family and Home, ME..etc But so far I haven't found a way to put multiple labels for one posting. Too bad...tho I know other blogging software will do that. However, I have invested enough time in this one that I think I will stay with it. Maybe if I really feel some posts need to be 'filed' in two areas I can just cut&paste and do one or more posts..??



The job I applied for at LaFF in Ladysmith should be short-listed some time this week I hope. It seems to be a perfect fit for me, flexible time, etc., so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for it!



The frogs are extremely loud right now: without having our bedroom window open I can't figure any way to hear them...too bad. I really like the sound of the frogs at night: the sounds are the same, but still different. It is so easy to let oneself get lost in listening to the sounds.


Busy day for Richard: Grant and I picked up both boys at 1pm from the Scout Camp, and after about a 5min stop at home Grant took Richard down for his first Baseball practice with his new team. Back at home Grant grabbed a sandwich, then he and Rodrigo took Kasia down and ran her on the Holland Creek Trail before picking Richard up. I'm guessing that Richard had to wait a while before being picked up.


Ian sent me another short essay to edit: I've got part of it done, and will continue on it early in the morning. H. wants me to wake her up round 0730

No comments:

Post a Comment