CedarHill Homestay

We love having visitors 'from afar' come and be part of our family for a short while or a long while!

Check our websites:

http://cedarhillhomestay.tripod.com/ for more info about where we are and what kind of Homestay we offer.
AND
http://cedarhillconsulting.weebly.com/ - this is the website for my business consulting/virtual office business


Friday, May 8, 2009

District CAMP Weekend

This morning is starting cloudy, but the weather forecast is still calling for a decent weekend. This is our Nanaimo River District Camp - with a 'CSI CHALLENGE' theme. We only have 5 Guides from our Unit going, so will put all 5 in one tent...Gillian, Heather and I in a tent of Gillian's. As of now Heather might have to work this evening, if so we will have two vehicles at camp - tho she's going to try and see if she can switch with someone....or something....! I started doing a bit of organizing/packing last night. I sewed two sleeping-pad straps on my sleeping bag, and found compression bag that fit the sleeping bag with the liner already inside! I then managed to find a stuff bag that fit both of the thermorests...rolled together and strapped, with one fleece blanket around. So the hard part of the packing is done...I just need to make sure the small tarp which I've had out on the clothesline is dry (may put it in the dryer).
Today I will be finishing the costumes - Heather came up with the idea of doing Scrub tops, I got one for each of the 3 of us, and her first idea was to write with indelible felt a sort of wanted poster...I've adapted that idea and am going to put: 'Property of RCMP - GRC' on the back, and 'RCMP-GRC' on the front, in smaller letters. This way it will be faster for me to do, and also we can be whatever we want: suspect, victim, or police.
I'm taking my camera, so hope to get some good photos at Camp...of nature, camp in general, and our girls. I'll try and post something from Camp here, as long as it is not a photo which could ID any particular girls, and will post info/photos on the Guiding Blog for sure - along with slowly updating the CR Guides Blog going back right to the beginning.
Time is marching on - 8:30 now, and I still have lots to do. I want to leave the kitchen fairly tidy, also our bedroom - to lessen the mess to clean up on Sunday. Maybe if I remind Grant that it is Mother's Day on Sunday we can eat out or have take-out...??

No comments:

Post a Comment