CedarHill Homestay

We love having visitors 'from afar' come and be part of our family for a short while or a long while!

Check our websites:

http://cedarhillhomestay.tripod.com/ for more info about where we are and what kind of Homestay we offer.
AND
http://cedarhillconsulting.weebly.com/ - this is the website for my business consulting/virtual office business


Thursday, June 18, 2009

BOAT SOLD! & really, really busy weekend coming up!


It seems every time I turn around these next 10 or so days are getting busier and busier! Tuesday night - finally - we sold the boat, and yesterday the buyer came and paid for it and took it home. I'm feeling ok with the price we got, after having it for almost 3 years we got plenty of use out of it. Grant is still upset he did not leave the kicker off - but Amanda has reminded him that most boats/trailers we see for sale have a motor also. I think both Grant and Amanda want to replace it with something smaller fairly soon, but I'm hoping to wait a bit..
It is cloudy today - hope the weather is not too bad for our GUIDE CAMP here this weekend. Today Amanda and I are doing lots of preparations for it - cleaning, tidying etc, and will continue tomorrow. She has a widup BBQ for her Fish Job this evening, then tomorrow afternoon she needs to follow Grant down to Duncan where we are dropping the motorhome off for a rental. Grant is off tomorrow, but will be very busy - he can relax Saturday and Sunday in between taking Richard to games.
After no-one enquiring, it looks like we may have some HelpExchange helpers during July and August. I'm really hoping I can manage to schedule them so it is not a flood of people sometimes with no one for weeks other times. And that I can keep the chores 'coming'. It is not looking terribly good for Homestay Students for September - but still keeping my fingers crossed.
There have not been any more interesting/suitable jobs for me to apply to in the last couple of weeks - I'm hoping that I get a call on the Habitat for Humanity job, which seems to be a perfect fit for me.
Must run - and begin attacking the TO DO LIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment