CedarHill Homestay

We love having visitors 'from afar' come and be part of our family for a short while or a long while!

Check our websites:

http://cedarhillhomestay.tripod.com/ for more info about where we are and what kind of Homestay we offer.
AND
http://cedarhillconsulting.weebly.com/ - this is the website for my business consulting/virtual office business


Sunday, October 4, 2009

How time flies..





Sounds a bit trite, but when I see that I last updated my Blog at the beginning of July, then, yes time does fly!

Since my last post:
  • we finished our month of having two Japanese teens who were upgrading their English at Queen Margaret School in Duncan (I did a lot of driving back and forth between Duncan and home and Nanaimo)
  • we had a number of guests here via Helpexchange and Workaway
  • we completely re-did the original bathroom next to Mom's old bedroom, and partially re-did the other family bathroom
  • we had 4 Japanese girls for a total of 12 nights who went to Queen Margaret's School
  • Grant was laid off from his job at B&G on August 28th
  • Ian came home for a wonderful surprise visit, stealing a week off of school
  • Kasia lost her one puppy, which was stillborn when the Vet did an emergency C-section
  • Grant started a new job as Yard Manager at DEMXX in Parksville on Sept. 28th
  • We re-did Grandma's old bedroom, with painting and new carpet - it looks really great, and definitely ready to rent, either long-term or as a B&B room
  • Heather and I started our 2nd year as Guiders with 1st Chase River Guides with G. and our Jr Leader R - we are thrilled to have 15 Guides this year.

I continue to enjoy my new job as Program Coordinator with the Nanaimo Telephone Visiting Society...'happenings' there include:

  • having Ivy, a great VIU student as a Canada Summer Jobs employee for 6 weeks - the office doesn't even resemble its former self!
  • we have a new website now: www.ntvs.ca
  • I put together and published the September 2009 NTVS Newsletter - Bryce mailed it to our non-email volunteers and clients this past week. I will continue to use it as PR
  • we hosted the 1st ever NTVS Open House, which was a success
  • On October 13th my 3 months 'probation' will be over, tho I actually started working at NTVS July 6th

THERE! I finally feel as if I've done some fast catching up!

No comments:

Post a Comment