CedarHill Homestay

We love having visitors 'from afar' come and be part of our family for a short while or a long while!

Check our websites:

http://cedarhillhomestay.tripod.com/ for more info about where we are and what kind of Homestay we offer.
AND
http://cedarhillconsulting.weebly.com/ - this is the website for my business consulting/virtual office business


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

BUSINESS plans/ideas

WOW - LOTS TO DO, excitement, trepidation!  Last night I booked my flights to/from Moncton, leaving Victoria 1130am on Saturday June 4th, and leaving Moncton at 7am on Sunday June 12th.  I'm making up TO DO lists, and am slowly ticking items off. 
  • Yesterday I checked with both the City of Nanaimo and Duncan about Business Licenses and found that the municipalities in the Cowichan Reg. Dist. have an 'Inter Municipal Business License' for businesses working in all or several areas.  $100/yr available from any of the 'halls'.
  • Next week I will work on getting our Business Insurance
  • Banking:  I will get the Merchant Accounts set up for VISA/MC; open up a separate Business Account...
  • We need to decide if we will just work under 'pg cowichan valley' or CedarHill Consulting or a variation of that.  I think the CedarHill is best, as we can vary what we are doing and stay with one name
  • I will do some research and decide whether we need Simply Accounting or Quick Books.  I think I will see if I can get Grant to look at the companies' two websites and make some decisions before I buy software.
And lots more ideas!  I'm 'waiting' for the lawyer to call me this morning so I can set up an appointment - if his schedule is too full I will need to make lots of phone calls to find another one...we must proceed and CLOSE on June 1st or all is for nought..which would be a big shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment