CedarHill Homestay

We love having visitors 'from afar' come and be part of our family for a short while or a long while!

Check our websites:

http://cedarhillhomestay.tripod.com/ for more info about where we are and what kind of Homestay we offer.
AND
http://cedarhillconsulting.weebly.com/ - this is the website for my business consulting/virtual office business


Sunday, May 22, 2011

Much ado about many things..

This is the long-anticipated Victoria Day May long weekend - with the weather being back to what it was last week. Yesterday the weather was very, very nice - so much so that Heather was complaining about it being too hot.  It rained much of last night, and now is cool and cloudy, with definite threats of rain in the sky to the west.

Grant and I are still working out the kinks on our attempt to purchase the PropertyGuys.com Cowichan Valley franchise - not as easy a feat as it would seem but we are still very hopeful.

Friday Gary was here and framed in the new front closet, along with removing the old front door/frame/glass block.  The door removal made a huge difference!  I'm now trying to get myself to access the Den via the new front entry, but I still find I start in the living room and go 'all around' which is about twice the distance!  Eventually the doorway between the Den and the laundry room will be closed in so that will not be possible.

Grant, H. and Ji-won - our Homestay student from Korea - AND Kasia just headed out with the boat.  They plan to go to Sproat Lake.  Right now the sky towards the west is dark and threatening, so I hope they don't get 'dumped on' with rain! H. grabbed a bit of lunch to take, and I'm sure Grant will stop someplace on the way for drinks/snacks.

My plan for today while they are out is to do some housework, then head out to Costco/Superstore for the food/supplies we need for our 'Mystery Dinner' for Guides on Tuesday.  That reminds me - I need to send out a 'last minute' email to parents giving them a few hours to respond if their daughter is bringing a friend and has not told us yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment