CedarHill Homestay

We love having visitors 'from afar' come and be part of our family for a short while or a long while!

Check our websites:

http://cedarhillhomestay.tripod.com/ for more info about where we are and what kind of Homestay we offer.
AND
http://cedarhillconsulting.weebly.com/ - this is the website for my business consulting/virtual office business


Friday, October 30, 2009

2010 Olympics

It's odd, but until now I've been rather ambivalent about the Olympics - and I find today I'm actually getting excited. Though I must admit I think it is more the 'proud to be Canadian' etc. feeling rather than the interest in the sport-aspect of the Games. And I guess that is perfectly fine. It is entirely possible, looking at http://www.vancouver2010.com/more-2010-information/olympic-torch-relay/olympic-torch-relay-interactive-map/ that the Torch Relay might even go past our house...albeit in the bus with accompanying security vehicles. Heather and I had considered going to Victoria tomorrow - until I realized that it would be one of the craziest days to do that, with the Torch Relay leaving Sooke in the morning and traveling to Nanaimo..we would be crossing paths with the Torch and traffic problems all day. Add to that the fact that tomorrow is Hallowe'en - NO, not a good idea. Depending on weather and her studying we may go down next Saturday.

I know that we will not even consider trying to attend any Olympic events - besides the cost involved and the fact that tickets are probably all gone, the crowds would be horrendous. However, there will be lots of other special events in Vancouver during the Olympics - cultural events - that I think it would be worth going over for at least one well-planned daytrip during the Olympics. I believe there may be some extra ferries on then...and a lot depends on the weather also.

No comments:

Post a Comment